James N. L. Humphreys
1212 North Eastman Road
Kingsport, TN 37664
Phone: (423) 378-8862
Personal Injury Attorney
- Washington & Lee University, 1984, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude 1987, Juris Doctor
- Virginia State Bar 1987
- Tennessee Bar 1990
- Virginia Supreme Court
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U. S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U. S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Wrongful Death Litigation
- Nursing Home and Medical Malpractice Defense
- Errors and Omissions Defense
- Commercial Litigation
James N. L. Humphreys is a partner in the firm’s litigation section, concentrating in personal injury litigation, wrongful death litigation, nursing home litigation, medical malpractice litigation, errors and omissions litigation, and commercial litigation.
Mr. Humphreys is the former Chairman of the Insurance Coverage Section for the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys.
Mr. Humphreys is also on the Executive Committee, Board of Visitors for the University of Virginia’s College at Wise.
Mr. Humphreys has been with the Firm since 1990. Before coming with the Firm, he practiced law in Abingdon, Virginia for 2½ years. Mr. Humphreys was born in Abingdon, Virginia, and was raised in Wise, Virginia. Mr. Humphreys has his private pilot’s license.