Stephen M. Darden
100 Medtech Parkway
Johnson City, TN 37604
Phone: (423) 283-6303
Labor and Employment Attorney
- University of Tennessee (BS - Accounting - 1982)
- University of Tennessee College of Law (JD 1985)
- Tennessee Bar 1985
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- 4th and 6th Circuit Courts of Appeals
- Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- United States Supreme Court
- Labor & Employment
- National Labor Relations Act practice, including the preservation of a union-free workplace.
- Negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, arbitration advocacy and responding to and litigation of unfair labor practice charges. Providing general day-to-day advice to employers is a major part of Steve's "preventive" law practice.
- Employment litigation and client representation before administrative bodies;
- Workplace investigations;
- Listed Mediator.
Received a degree in accounting from the University Of Tennessee College Of Business Administration in 1982 and his law degree from the University Of Tennessee College Of Law in 1985. Steve previously served as President of the Washington County Bar Association and has written numerous articles including a quarterly "Legal Watch" article for the former Johnson City Business Magazine and other publications.
Steve is married and has two college-aged children. He is a believer in public service and has served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Hands On Regional Children's Museum, Chair and founding member of the Washington County Economic Development Council, a member of the City of Johnson City Board of Commissioners (elected 3 times) and former Vice Mayor and Mayor of Johnson City, Tennessee.
Named to annual "Super Lawyers" list in 2012 and 2013.