A Law Firm Where Local Roots Grow Deep
Hunter, Smith & Davis was formed in 1916 in connection with the industrial development of East Tennessee. As the region attracted new industry, attorneys were needed to acquire railroad rights-of way and to make land acquisitions for industrial development and related matters. The attorneys who originally formed Hunter, Smith & Davis also prepared the charter to incorporate the City of Kingsport as a municipality in the State of Tennessee. With our firm’s participation in the original economic development of East Tennessee, we have represented virtually all of the large industries, employers and commercial business in Northeast Tennessee.
Today, we have offices in Kingsport and Johnson City, Tennessee. All of our attorneys are licensed to practice in Tennessee. In addition, various attorneys hold licenses to practice in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey and Montana.