Jeannette Tysinger has more than 24 years of experience in the residential and commercial real estate field. Ms. Tysinger started her legal career with a title company in Birmingham, Alabama, working with residential and commercial lending institutions. After moving back to Tennessee and becoming licensed in Tennessee, her practice quickly evolved to include more complex real estate matters, corporate and business matters, nonprofit organization matters and tax-exempt status, and estate planning and administration.
She has successfully worked with clients on matters pertaining to Brownfield projects and Tennessee Department of Environmental and Conservation compliance. Through Tennessee’s Payment in Lieu of Taxes Program, she has obtained property tax reduction or elimination for employers.
Ms. Tysinger has more than 22 years of experience providing guidance in start-up, tax and employment compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and business succession and termination issues for small and medium businesses. Her current practice also emphasizes medical professionals, entrepreneurs, and families planning for their future or retirement, including specialized trusts, such as supplemental needs trusts and pet trusts, or trusts for charitable endowments or scholarships.
She has worked through the U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to provide immigration benefits for employees at local and national companies.
From January 1993-August 1993, Ms. Tysinger was an intern through the Walt Disney World College Program in Orlando, FL. She was also an intern during law school with U. S. District Attorney’s Office – Criminal and Civil Divisions (Birmingham, AL – 1995) and the Jefferson County, AL, District Court (Birmingham, AL – 1994.)
She regularly presents on various legal topics to attorney and other professional groups.
Presentations and Publications
- NBI, “Estate Planning from Start to Finish” – Johnson City, Tennessee – June 2014
- TBA, Tax Law Forum 2018, “Non-Profits And Reporting Requirements”, Nashville, Tennessee – September 2018
- “Wayfair & You (Sales Tax and the New Economic Nexus)”, HSD Newsletter, January 2019
- Various immigration social media publications
- Various estate planning, immigration, and business entity lectures and informational programming on behalf of several local businesses and nonprofits for their clients and customers
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member (1996 – Present)
- Washington County Bar Association, Member (1996 – Present)
- Tri-Cities Estate Planning Council, Member and Former Board Member (2004 – Present)
- Zeta Tau Alpha Women’s Fraternity, Lambda Kappa Chapter, Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina – Financial Advisor (2011 – Present)
- Tri-Cities, TN, Zeta Tau Alpha Alumni Chapter – former President and Vice-President and current MSABC Liaison for American Cancer Society and Tennessee Zeta Day Co-Chair (2007 – Present)
- Holston Habitat for Humanity – Board Member & Financial Committee Member – (February 2018 – Present)