We represent several hospitals in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia as well as numerous physician practice groups. We provide advice to these clients on:
- Federal and state healthcare regulations;
- Corporate law and transactional matters;
- Hospital physician transactions and Joint ventures;
- Ambulatory surgery center projects;
- Bond issue financing and similar projects;
- Physician Employment Agreements (including compensation issues and non-competition covenants)
- Mergers and Acquisitions of Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
We have served as lead counsel to a large non-profit hospital system in various merger transactions and the acquisition of several hospital facilities in Tennessee and Virginia. We have also represented physician practice groups in similar merger and acquisition transactions.
Our litigation attorneys have a substantial medical malpractice defense practice. We regularly defend hospital physicians, physician groups and ambulatory surgery centers on claims arising from the delivery of medical services. We have longstanding relationships with the major insurance companies which provide malpractice insurance coverage in Tennessee and Virginia.
Additionally, we defend physician extenders, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, nurse anesthetist etc, in medical malpractice matters. The Firm also has an extensive experience in nursing home and long-term care facilities representation in negligence suits.
In addition, we represent physicians, nurses, psychologists and other medical providers before the Tennessee and Virginia State Licensing Boards.